Smoke’s up!


Black smoke billowed above Oamaru yesterday morning following a plastic fire on South Hill yesterday. The fire was on a back section at a Wharfe St address and was believed to be caused by plastic burning.

Mayor Gary Kircher said the council did not condone this practice. “It is illegal to do anything like that, as the toxins from the plastic pollute the air. We don’t like seeing it out in the country and we certainly don’t want to see it in the middle of town.”

 latest Nike releaseUpdated Air Jordan Sneaker Releases for 2021