Rainbow run set to make big splash


The Rainbow 5km Colour Run has reached maximum capacity, with 600 confirmed entrants.

The event is taking place this Saturday at the Oamaru Race Course and co-organiser Kate Cartwright from Sport Waitaki said it was fantastic to have received such a positive response.

“I am very happy to see the event come to fruition,” she said.

Miss Cartwright said an email from a local resident asking if an event like the colour run could be held in Oamaru, got the ball rolling.

“Now into the final stages of planning this week, there has been enthusiasm throughout for the concept,” she said.

Co-organiser, Jan Kennedy, from Tourism Waitaki, said about 80 per cent of the entrants were from Oamaru, with the remaining 20 per cent travelling from Dunedin, Timaru, Christchurch and as far away as Auckland.

“As there will be no registrations taken on the day, I encourage any locals who are interested in seeing what the event is all about to head out to the Oamaru Race Course on Saturday morning to see the Rainbow 5km Colour Run in action,”said Mrs Kennedy.

Oamaru’s Toni Gray has made six t-shirts for her friends and said she was looking forward to taking part.

“It was something that appealed as it involved getting out and doing some exercise while having a laugh on the way,” she said.

The event is not for profit, with proceeds going to Sporting Chance, a fund that provides financial assistance to children from disadvantaged circumstances to help them take part in sport through the payment of registration fees or vital sporting equipment.

An event briefing will be held at 10.30am this Saturday, with the start of the run beginning at 11am.bridge medianike women free 1.0 cross bionic hair care scam WMNS Light Violet DH8074-100 Release Date